Give Us A Call
9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
119 S. Rock Island
El Reno, OK 73036
UPCOMING EVENTS & NEWS
Christmas on the Western Frontier
Thursday December 5th 2019 – Parade Starts at 6:30pm
Shop at participating business from Nov. 30, 2019 thru December 31, 2019. For every $10 spent you will will receive a Mistletoe Madness Entry form for a chance to win Bucks and Prizes. Winners will be drawn January 2, 2020. Remember all information on entry form must be completely filled out or it will be disqualified.
For more information about El Reno Main Street, Mistletoe Madness, please contact our office at 405-262-8888
Shop Small - Shop Local
November 30, 2019
APPLICATION TO ENTER CHRISTMAS PARADE
Thursday, December 5, 2019 – 6:30 p.m.
at The Rock District in downtown El Reno
El Reno Main Street invites you to participate in the community
Christmas Parade on Thursday, December 5, 2019
This year’s parade theme will be SANTA’S WORKSHOP.
Cash prizes are being offered for the following categories:
Best Overall – Grand Prize
Best Use of Lighting
(ALL ENTRIES MUST BE LIT)
ALL float, cars, and horses need to be well lit and decorated,
with a sign displaying your organization or business information on both sides.
The “official” Santa has been designated.
No other Santa will be allowed to avoid confusing children.
- Entries must pertain to the theme SANTA’S WORKSHOP.
- LIGHTS ARE REQUIRED on all floats or pulled units. MUSIC is encouraged on all floats or pulled units.
- LIGHTS are required on all vehicles. THIS IS A MUST!! The cars are too dark if they are not lit.
- LIGHTS are required on horses and/or their riders.
- The height limit for any unit is 14 feet.
- No Santa or Mrs. Clause allowed. Participants dressed like Santa will be removed or must change.
- No candy or gifts may be thrown from units during the parade. Candy may be HANDED to the children. Expect 1k+ pieces will be needed.
- No flyers, coupons, or advertisements of any kind may be distributed on the parade route.
- Entries with animals must provide their own clean up during line up and along the parade route.
- Entries with animals must provide a walking chaperone and/or assistant to keep animals under control at all times. Entries with animals must have someone following behind picking up there waste.
- The primary El Reno Main Street Christmas Parade audience will be children, please keep this in mind when preparing your entry. The parade committee reserves the right to remove any participant for inappropriate actions or behavior for this audience or if the parade participant guidelines are not followed.
- Once you enter into the parade you may not drive back out however you are welcome to walk out. This is for the safety of all.
- PARTICIPATES MUST COMPLETE THE PARADE ROUTE BEFORE DISBANNING. The route starts and ends on Foreman.
- Line up information will be posted on our website elrenomainstreet.com.
- Entry deadline for all floats is the Thursday before the parade.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of severe weather, cancellation information will be announced on El Reno Main Street website at elrenomainstreet.com. And/or via email, text.
- Questions?: E-mail email@example.com Memo: Christmas Parade 2019.
- Judging will be based on originality, relevance to theme, and overall appeal.
- Each category will have a first, second, and third place winner.
- Winners will be announced at the Tree Lighting and posted on the El Reno Main Street Facebook page.
- Please make sure you have the name of the Organization that is on your application is visible on your float. Judges need to see this in order to award prizes.
- The Christmas Spirit Award and a cash award will be given to the entry with the best entertainment value, creativeness, and overall jolliness.
Christmas Parade Entry Form
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
El Reno Main Street is sponsoring a Community Christmas Parade to be held on December 5, 2019. The undersigned desires to participate in the parade by sponsoring an entry.
El Reno Main Street will allow participation in the Community Christmas Parade, to the undersigned, on the following terms and conditions:
The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold El Reno Main Street, its Board of Directors, Volunteers, and the City of El Reno harmless from any and all claims and expenses arising from the participation in aforementioned parade, including, but not limited to, any claims which might be made by members or invitees of the undersigned or any member of the public participating with the permission of the undersigned or any independent third parties injured through operation of the entry.
It is specifically agreed by the undersigned that El Reno Main Street Director and its Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers and the City of El Reno shall have no liability whatsoever to any persons participating in the community Christmas Parade.
This Hold Harmless Agreement shall apply to the Community Christmas Parade scheduled on the date referenced herein or on any rescheduled date required by weather conditions or other unforeseen events.
There will be no admittance to the parade route without this completed form.
El Reno Main Street Program was established in 1988 and since that time has been the Creator and organizer of the El Reno’s Fried Onion Burger Day Festival.
The El Reno Main Street Program, is a preservation based community development tool. The Program has made remarkable progress towards the revitalization of downtown. Revitalizing the commercial district is crucial to the heritage, economic health and civic pride of the entire community. The program’s success is based on a comprehensive strategy of work, tailored to local needs and opportunities, in four broad areas…. promotion, design, economic vitality, and organization. Join us and become a part of the Heart of El Reno………
Main Street Accredited
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, El Reno Main Street is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.